The kids are always saying funny things that make me laugh, but often times I forget to write it down and I lose that memory forever! So here are a couple of funny things the kids have said lately:
We have a few children's CD's by Laurie Berkner that have the cutest and silliest songs! The kids love them. One song is about boots and starts like this: "Boots! Boots! B-O-O-T-S! Boots! Boots! B-O-O-T-S!" It is a very cute song. Well, Mia has picked up on this song this winter because she has been able to wear her snow boots. She would go around the house singing, "Boots! Boots! B-O-O-T-S!" This was, of course, very cute. But it has gotten even cuter lately. Now, whenever she thinks of a word that sounds anything like boots, she puts that word into the song. For example, "Coats! Coats! B-O-O-T-S!" or "Books! Books! B-O-O-T-S!" and inevitably "Poops! Poops! B-O-O-T-S!" Now the challenge is to teach her to spell.
It used to be that if you called Dallin anything but Dallin he would protest loudly. I'd say, "Hey Handsome!" and he'd say "I'm NOT handsome, I'm Dallin!" Well I don't know what changed in his mind, but one day as we were discussing how we'd have 4 kids in our family soon, and that Dicie was #1, Dallin #2, etc, he decided that 2 sounded like a pretty good name. So every time we called him Dallin he'd respond, "I'm not Dallin, I'm 2." That went on for a few days - incidentally Dallin decided that Brett's name was zero and it was hilarious to hear him call to Brett, "Hey zero!" Once the "2" thing got old, Dallin decided to start adopting other numbers for his name. 500 was popular for a day or two. Pretty soon any interesting word that he heard could become his name for a while, for example "Mr. Frog," "Monkey," etc. I can't really keep up with them any more because the names change every hour or so. "Hey You!" works just fine for me!
Soccer Photography
1 year ago







1 comment:
I can't wait until my kids do talk more so I can hear all the funny things they'll say. What goofy kids you have!
Post a Comment