Sunday, May 4, 2008

Blessing Day

Today was a very special day. It was Jameson's blessing day! We were lucky enough to have the entire Furr clan, except for my sister Stacey, come up for the event. We also had Brett's sister Susan here for the weekend, and Emily and Scott came today. We really had a house-full this weekend! I loved every minute. I'm sure I couldn't handle that much chaos on a daily basis, but it was fun for the short time we had everyone here. I'm so thankful that they all made the sacrifice to come up and share this special day with us!

Brett gave Jameson a beautiful blessing. As soon as he began I felt the Spirit wash over me so strongly. I also felt Steve's presence, come to witness the blessing of his nephew and namesake. Steve is Brett's younger brother who passed away in 1999. Jameson's middle name is Steve in his honor. It was a very special experience. I'm so thankful for Brett and the way he honors his priesthood. He is such a wonderful example to our children!

No comments: