This past weekend was Memorial Day, so we had an extra day at home with Brett to work on a project! We decided to finally put together 72 hour kits for our family. There have been some terrible events in the world recently, such as the cyclone in Myanmar and earthquake in China, killing over 100,000 people combined, and displacing even more. After reading so much about that, I was hit with a realization of the importance of being prepared. We have worked on our food storage off and on and I feel comfortable with where we're at for the time being, though we plan to do more in the near future. But we have never put together good 72 hour kits for our family. If our area were struck by the kind of disaster that other people in the world have recently experienced, we really might have to rely upon those kits.
So Monday morning we hit Walmart early to beat the rush. We purchased almost everything we needed. That afternoon Brett and I sat out on the back patio, enjoying the nice day, and put together the kits. There are a few minor items that we still need to get and pack into the kits, but overall they are great! It felt so good to stand back and look at our packs all lined up!
Soccer Photography
1 year ago







1 comment:
Good for you! I still haven't found the time to get that done though I've been trying to for a year! I want to know what you guys decided to put in yours. There's so many suggestions out there and it's hard to know what is best.
Post a Comment