She waited impatiently on the street corner, excited for this new beginning. Her heart beat a little faster as she spied the big yellow school bus approaching. The bus stopped and those big doors opened expectantly. Suddenly the excitement turned to anxiety and tears welled up in her eyes.
"It's okay Mommy, don't cry," Dicie told me.
Then my little girl skipped up the stairs to join her friends, and in a heartbeat she was gone. Off to school and an entire day of 1st grade.
Well, I didn't really cry, but it was definitely a poignant moment to send my oldest child off to a full day of school. She'll be gone SO long! But she was so excited to go. I know she'll enjoy 1st grade, making new friends, and eating lunch at school. Dicie has grown up so much. She has been such a help to me this summer. She is so motherly and helpful with the baby and her other siblings. I'll really miss having her around during the day.
I'll have my nose pressed up against the window, watching for that big yellow bus, long before 4:00 this afternoon . . .
Soccer Photography
2 years ago







2 comments:
Aack! I almost started crying just thinking about it myself and it's not even my kid! I'm really not one of those moms who is just dying to get rid of their kid for the day. I know I'll miss them dearly too.
She looks so darling in that picture! I can't believe how big she, and all your kiddos, are getting! I hope she loves being in 1st grade and has a wonderful year. And, good luck to you :)
Post a Comment