One day last week I suddenly realized that Dallin is a big boy now! He has grown so much over the past year, and with Dicie gone to first grade he seems much older all of the sudden. So, I decided that it was time to say good-bye to the blankey. This is the blue blanket that Grandma gave him as a baby. The blanket he's slept with EVERY night since birth. The blankey that he has caressed, loved, and played with for years! So he gave it one last hug, then blankey was retired to the linen closet. I think it was more sad for Mom than it was for Dallin! He gave it up and never looked back. Along with putting the blankey away, I told him it was time to stop sucking his thumb. And I guess the thumb-sucking was directly linked to that blankey, because he stopped cold turkey and is thrilled now, after a week, to go to Walmart for the big toy I promised him as a reward!
In other news, yesterday was Dallin's first day of preschool. He has been SO excited for preschool to start, and it didn't disappoint. He had a slow start in the morning getting ready - just too many buttons I guess, and he hates having his hair combed, but we managed to fix him up and get him off to school without a hitch! And oh how he loved it!
In other news, yesterday was Dallin's first day of preschool. He has been SO excited for preschool to start, and it didn't disappoint. He had a slow start in the morning getting ready - just too many buttons I guess, and he hates having his hair combed, but we managed to fix him up and get him off to school without a hitch! And oh how he loved it!










3 comments:
Aack! He IS so big! What happened? Wow, I can't believe he quit the blanket and thumb sucking cold turkey! What a trooper. I love the manly pose he's doing in his school outfit.
Ahh, what a sweetheart! I bet that darling little face gets away with a lot! Good for him that he stopped sucking his thumb... that always feels like a GREAT accomplishment.
Omygosh, these are the cutest pictures! Especially the blankie one, way to go Dallin! He does look so grown-up with his hair combed. So cute!
Post a Comment