We had a BLAST at Disneyland!! We drove to California on January 4th and spent the next three days playing at the happiest place on earth. We left Mia and Jameson behind in Utah with Grandma Furr, and boy did we miss them, but we're so glad we didn't take them! It was so fun to hang out with the two older kids and to have the freedom to walk all over the park, without a stroller, and go on the rides all together. I think Dicie and Dallin really enjoyed getting our full attention for a whole week!
We stayed in the Disneyland Hotel and loved it. It was so close to the park and we could ride the Monorail in and out. I just loved how clean the hotel and the entire park was! The kids always love staying in a hotel. It was a special treat for them to be able to watch TV since we don't at home! Ha ha - we went all the way to California just so they could get the Disney channel!
Thanks to a deal through Costco, we ate breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen on our first day. It was a lot of fun! We got to see a lot of Disney characters and the kids got to choose whatever they wanted for breakfast. Dallin had mac & cheese and Dicie had chocolate. The rest of the day we spent at Disneyland. The temperature in Annaheim was a little colder than we had anticipated, so we ended up running back to the hotel to grab our jackets and kept them with us the rest of the trip. Day 2 was spent at Disney's California Adventure Park, then day 3 we hopped back and forth between parks and went on all our favorite rides again!
The kids got their pictures taken with a bunch of different characters. Dallin's favorite was Lightning McQueen and Dicie's was a toss-up between Ariel and Sleeping Beauty!
Dicie's favorite rides were Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, Space Mountain, and the Matterhorn. Dallin's favorites were Dumbo, the Casey Jr. train, Buzz Lightyear, and Toy Story Mania. I happen to love Pirates of the Caribbean; I don't know why, but it's my favorite! Brett and I both love the Hollywood Tower of Terror so we forced the kids to go on it with us. Overall we had a great time at Disneyland! The kids will be talking about it for a long time. Now that we're home, "playing Disneyland" is a frequent source of fun! We can't wait to go again!










5 comments:
I'm glad you guys had fun. Looks like the kids got their fill of Disneyland and hopefully their fill of good memories.
How fun!! Reading your blog really makes me want to take my kids to Disneyland. Unfortunately, they are both a little young. Aspen might like some of the rides, but maybe we'd better wait a few years.
Kim
I live 15 (maybe 20) minutes from Disneyland . . . wish I'd known you were here we would have come by to say "hi" . . .
ACK! I didn't realize you lived so close Meredith! I am clueless when it comes to California geography. I would have loved to see you! Sorry!
I'm glad that you had a good time! I still remember when I went to Disney Land. It was a blast!
Post a Comment