Over the weekend we put on our trusty Ruby Slippers, clicked our heels, and here we are in our new home!
Well, maybe it was a little more complicated, messy, and exhausting than that, but we've survived and we're so happy to be settling in. We had lots of help moving, thanks to my parents and some siblings who came up from Utah to help, as well as Brett's parents, who came from Twin Falls. We couldn't have done it without them! Thanks also go to Tory from across the street, for his help loading the truck, and to Kevin our general contractor and friend, for his help unloading - and uh, for building our house! Oh, and thanks to everyone for insisting that pregnant women cannot lift even the smallest 5 pound box. I really got out of a lot of work that way! Tee-hee!
We finally have internet, but I have no idea where the cables are to hook up my camera and download pictures. For now all I can do is write. It was definitely hard to pack up and leave our old home. It was our first home and we've spent 6 great years there. Though we're sad to be leaving things behind (all our beautiful landscaping and the most fun playhouse ever), we have a lot of wonderful memories to take with us. The day we moved I felt so out of wack - my old home was all emptied out and my new one was a disaster of moving boxes and construction dust! I felt homeless - an odd feeling for someone with 2 house payments. But by the next day, after all our help had gone home and I'd worked through all the mess in the kitchen until it was sparkling (definitely the calm amidst the storm for now), I watched the kids playing happily and I began to feel the peace that comes from being home again. We love it here.
Pictures coming soon...







4 comments:
Can't wait to see the pictures! Good luck unpacking.
Moving seems to always be a bitter sweet experience. Sounds like yours was more sweet than bitter though so that's good. Enjoy your new home!!
Angie, I'm so glad you sent the update of the blog. I officially have you added to my list so I'll be checking in often. Your family is adorable and still growing it looks like. Congratulations on #5!!! Your making me feel a little slow. I can't wait to see the new digs.
I am sad to see you go. There never seems to be enough time to get to know people. You have a great family and I hope that I may continue to get to know you all through this adorable blog. Congrats on the upcoming addition of a baby girl! I love the look and feel of your blog. I hope to visit often!
Post a Comment