Today was our last Sunday in our ward! Brett and I were both released from our callings. Brett served as an assistant scout master and I have been serving as the Primary chorister, which is pretty much the BEST EVER calling in the whole church ya'll.
I have loved this calling and I'm pretty certain that when we go to our new/old ward next week I'm going to walk in and demand to be called as the Primary chorister. I just love the Primary songs and being goofy with the kids. I love it when I've even got the little Sunbeams on the front row following my every move and singing along. There was one little boy today that was laying down on two chairs, but he still had his arms moving doing the actions. And boy, what actions we had!
I decided that I had to go out with a bang, so I went a little wild with my singing time today. The song for the month is "Follow the Prophet." But, being the rebel that I am (cue the raucous laughter) I chose to do "Keep the Commandments" instead. Okay, so we actually did "Follow the Prophet" as an extra song last year and we are all tired of it, so sue me! "Keep the Commandments" goes right along with the theme for the month, so it's all good. A week ago though, I saw the cutest idea for teaching "Follow the Prophet! Oh how I wanted to do this idea without having to sing "Follow the Prophet!" So I adapted it for "Keep the Commandments" and it was a huge success! A picture is worth a thousand words (and video would have been priceless):
Keep the Commandments, Disco Style
Yep, I made up disco moves to a Primary song.
Once upon a time I used to go disco-skating at the local skating rink. I have pictures somewhere... I'll have to dig those up sometime because I know it's hard to believe that boring-old-me ever did anything like that...
But boring-old-me sure had a blast in Primary today!







5 comments:
I'm glad you've been having fun with that calling and that you've used some fun ideas. Our ward is sooo boring! Not that people don't try, but nobody seems to know how to really get into it and make it fun and interesting for the kids. Even the good ideas kind of flop without a little enthusiasm. Yay for you!
Funny I didn't have a hard time seeing you doing disco moves...Oh, maybe that is because I knew you before you turned "boring". Ha ha, riiiight. Looks like fun!
Love it Angie! I can just imagine what a cute chorister you were. I wish we could snag you up into our ward. LOVE the disco. Thanks for the laugh. Good luck with the move and new callings :) Hope 6th ward is easy on you guys.
You know, if you had announced your move just ONE WEEK earlier, you would have been our new chorister! We just BARELY got a new one after Jill moved in January!
I am imagining the disco moves popping up in sacrament meeting with the Primary Program this year. tehe!
Post a Comment