Moving Day.
I looked out the window and what did I see? SNOW! Are you kidding me?
Yeah, and it was freezing cold and blowing like crazy too. All day! For one second there I was thinking, "What more can happen to us?" But I really didn't want to know the answer to that question so we dug in and moved. And we had SO much help it was amazing! My family came up from Utah to help! Thanks go out to my Mom - who helped me take apart, move, and reassemble my entire kitchen before leaving. If you are a woman you understand how crucial this was! Thanks to my Dad, who has more drive and energy than three 20-year-olds, for moving lots of way heavy stuff and for fixing the big crack in the bedroom ceiling. And for being a perfectionist about it - now I know where I get it from. Thanks to my siblings, Tracy, Brady, and Melinda, for all your help and for entertaining my kids. Thanks to my little sis. Katrina for playing with the kids and for being so cool. The neighbor kids all want an aunt their age now.
And thanks to all the neighbors and friends for freezing your tails off on our behalf. We can never thank you enough!
And thank goodness that's over!
Despite the nasty weather and regardless of the fact that we were moving, someone at our house still had a birthday. Dallin's 6th birthday was Sunday, but he wanted to celebrate on Saturday. So we did. And I think he had a great day!
Traditional Door Decor
Mr. 6-Year-Old
Pinata Fun
Super Mario Cupcakes - I could have gone wild with this theme, but I just couldn't during the move.
Hopefully he likes Mario next year 'cause I need a do-over!
Yum! Dallin is My Chocolate Boy!
Birthday Pancakes on the Morning of His Real Birthday
First morning in the new house!
So now we're all moved and trying to figure out what normal is again. There is still a LOT of work to be done! I need to clean the big house and get it all ready to sell. I need to finish unpacking, find where things go, and figure out how to get organized again. It's a little weird to be living in this house again! It feels homey because we've lived here for 6 years. I still know where everything goes! I've had plenty of emotional moments though. This move feels like getting my heart ripped out then having it put back in place right where it goes. Everything is just fine and dandy, but somehow it still hurts! Brett and I have both had without-a-doubt, absolutely, this is where we're supposed to be moments of confirmation. That makes everything worth it.










2 comments:
Yay for managing to pull off a birthday in the midst of all that! I was thinking about that when I noticed his B-day on my calendar. I'm feeling very un-ambitious about doing Tabitha's b-day this Saturday, but I did manage to hand write some invites tonight and we walked around and gave them to the neighbor kids. Now I just need to figure out what we're going to do for a party! Ugh. Of course she wants a butterfly party and I don't have any brilliant ideas for one.
Hope you can get everything accomplished in a timely manner and get your other house sold quickly!
Hi, I found your blog through Kevin and Kara's. I am glad you are back, mostly becuase I get to have Dallin in my primary class, he's a hoot! I am impressed that you still found time to celebrate his birthday among all the chaos! Good luck with all the unpacking!
Post a Comment