Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bath Time is Serious Business

*Note: No, I am not ashamed of posting bath pictures of my children on the world wide web.  My children may curse me for it in the future, but I'm sure they'll get me back when they're teenagers.


This is Avery's bath face.

When I give her a bath, she holds perfectly still.  She does not kick.  She does not splash.  She does not cry. 

At first glance you would think she is lounging in the warm water, living it up as the pampered baby who doesn't even have to wash her own booty.  But upon closer inspection you realize she is utterly bewildered or terrified or disgusted by the entire bath experience.  I'm not sure which, but baths are serious business for this girl.

Weird.  That's all I have to say.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

David was never a fan until he could sit up on his own and play. He is the only one of my children that I could tell from BIRTH when he was worried; not worried like "my diaper is wet", but like, truly concerned! The first time I took him to a pool he shook and cried with fright the whole time, despite me holding him!

Jessica said...

I'm gonna go with disgusted. I mean, you ARE making her hang out in her own filthy bath water. Ewww.