Monday, May 10, 2010

A Big Milestone

Besides doing this:


And trying a little of this:


At long last, this little gal has FINALLY slept through the night!!

Glory Hallelujah!

It has been a long, wearing, sleep-deprived 6 months.  It was finally time to initiate operation Cry-It-Out.  We just couldn't take it anymore.  Listening to your baby scream her head off for over an hour is WAY worse than Chinese water torture, but it really is for her good.  She's learning to get to sleep on her own.  For a baby who has only slept in 20-30 minute increments (daytime) and 2-3 hour increments (nighttime) for most of her life, it is definitely a skill that she has needed for her own sake as well as ours.  As her sleeping skills have improved, so has her behavior.  She is just so much happier!

In other news, I took her to the Dr. last week for her 6 month checkup.  She is weighing in at 13 lbs. 8 oz., so she is a tiny little thing, but is otherwise doing very well!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Oh I love that one of her starting to crawl! What a dolly! I'm so glad she's starting to get the hang of sleeping through the night. What a misery that has been for you. ) : Ooh, I wish I could see her more. I can't believe how tiny she is though! Only about 4 more pounds than my 6 week old! The little squirt!

Debbie 'n Gary Talbot said...

that is exciting news! we did the cry it out method with jake at about 3 months and it definitely helped a lot. we still have to do a "refresher course" every so often but it definitely helps but it's terrible to listen to them screaming! i hope you're doing well!

Brett said...

Now if only Mia would not wake up halfway through the night. Two straight nights of baby sleeping through and two straight nights of 3:00am Mia. Argh.

Daphney said...

I'm singing with you!

Heather said...

Wow! Lucky!