Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Jack-o-Dallin

Over the course of the last two weeks, Dallin has been undergoing some cosmetic transformations:

Stage 1: The Freaky Snaggle Tooth

That sucker was beyond loose, but it was hanging on for dear life.  I think Dallin was channeling his inner Nanny McPhee...

At last, he managed to wiggle it out one day during class, which was thrilling because 1st grade is a breeding ground for loose teeth, therefore his teacher was well-equipped with the special tooth-necklace-container to send home with him.  Dallin took special care to have Dad write a note to the tooth fairy instructing her to leave the money without hijacking his tooth-necklace.

It was all downhill from there.  Front tooth #2 was loose before #1 had even come out.  It wasn't long until it was in the same off-kiltered position, but hanging on tight. 
 Front Tooth #2 -" Never Gonna Let You Go!"

Finally this afternoon I decided to give it one last chance before pulling out the professional tools (pliers, string & a doorknob, etc).  One good tug and that tooth came free!  Dallin is our first official Halloween decoration! 
 Hey Dallin, can you say "Six sleek swans swam swiftly southwards?" 

I guess we know what will be on Dallin's Christmas list this year!

3 comments:

Karissa said...

Hehehe! That is too cute. :-) I'm glad you took pictures of all stages!

Teresa said...

I don't think I will tell Sabrina about Dallin. She is SURE that she is the ONLY kid in ALL 1st grade that has yet to loose a tooth! Hope the tooth fairy treated him well ;c)

Heather said...

Zoe doesn't even have any loose teeth. I can't believe Dallin has already lost some! I guess no bobbing for apples this Halloween!