So this one is definitely going down in the Mothering-Fail Hall of Fame!
Today I had arranged to have the Medina kids over to play because we had the day off of school. I had told Daphney that I'd pick the kids up, so I loaded up my kids and headed over to their house. It takes about 10 minutes to get there, and when we were almost there I suddenly realized that I had forgotten something. To put that more accurately, I'd forgotten someONE! I whirled around in my seat and, yep, 16-month-old Avery's car seat was EMPTY! I about died.
I rushed to the Medina's house and grabbed the kids (since we were so darn close) and rushed back home. But because of the distance we couldn't avoid being gone for a good 25 minutes at least. The whole time my heart was beating out of my chest and I was so worried that Avery was at home wandering the house by herself, crying hysterically! When we got home I ran in the house, but I couldn't hear her at all. I started calling for her and searching the house until I finally found her. She was in my bathroom, sitting quietly on the floor and playing. When I walked in she looked up at me and smiled like, "Oh hi! There you are. Look what I found!"








No comments:
Post a Comment