Dallin turned 7!
He had a fun party at home on his birthday,
and we had the Medina kids over for a fun party the day after!
For his party, Dallin wanted the theme to be Star Wars LEGO. Emphasis on the Star Wars. Now, I have been beyond unmotivated to do any party planning (poor Dallin!) so I just kind of threw it together at the last minute. It turned out really fun though! I think God intervened here and made it successful, 'cause it sure wasn't me! We had "Jedi Training" which involved going through an obstacle course (it was raining so we had to do this inside - hilarious!), and proving your combat skills by whacking a floating orb (i.e. a giant birthday-hat shaped pinata - they seriously wanted $20 for a teeny little Darth Vader pinata!!). Good times. After cupcakes and ice cream Brett made balloon-light-sabers for each of the kids.
My favorite part of the party was literally a last-minute jolt of inspiration. I made name tags for each of the kids as follows:
Dicie: C-DicieODallin: Dallakin Skywalker
Mia: Queen Amiadala
Jameson: Jar-Jar Jamo
Avery: Chewverybacca
Nya: Nya2-D2
Kade: Darth Kader
Kaleb: Obi-Wan Kalebi
Aleaha: Princess Aleia
Jedi Training - Obstacle Course
Combat Skills Pinata
Keeping Avery (aka "Chewvery") Entertained
Star Wars Cupcakes and a Happy Birthday Boy


















No comments:
Post a Comment