Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Up and Down


No trip to Utah is ever complete without an outing to the "Wood Park." (Discovery Park in American Fork.) I only took a few pictures, nothing worth posting, except this one that I loved.  This is my Jameson - the happy, fun-loving spirit that I know is inside his earthly vessel somewhere.  99.99% of the time, I don't get to see it though.  The screaming, tantrum-throwing, sulkiness seems to drown out his true nature.  But when he smiles - really smiles - I see it, and it brings me relief.  

Life is as up and down as that swing, and lately it feels as blurry and confusing as this picture. But at the center there's something holding us all together, perhaps not often seen, but just knowing it's there is what matters.  Though it may be fleeting, Hope shines as bright as my little boy's smile.

No comments: