I've been thinking about this, and I have decided to do something I swore I would never do! I am going to make this blog PRIVATE. (Insert collective gasp here.) I know. Private blogs are annoying - you have to, like, sign in and everything. There's no fancy RSS feed, it's lame. But here's my reasoning:
1) I am not a blogger. Nope. I have posted a few of my inane ramblings now and then, but overall I don't do this for an audience. This is history people, family history. The world at large does not need to be reading about the everyday goings-on of my little life. And that brings me to my next point,
2) The world at large does not read this here blog. There are just a small handful of family and friends who check in now and then. You're my peeps! All 5 of you! I love ya, and I know that those who really care will not mind the extra moment or two spent in signing in to read about our latest happenings.
3) I just think it's time that I protect my munchkins a little more. I realized recently how much personal information (names, locations, dates, photos) I put on here that I don't really want floating around in blog land. But I don't feel like giving my kids cutesy aliases and skipping specific details because this is my family history and family journal. This is my scrapbook and my legacy. Someday I might even get around to having it printed and bound (don't hold your breath though). This blog is for me and for my posterity, and it's also for all my extended family and friends spread across the globe, so they can keep tabs on us.
So, if you would like to be one of the privileged few with exclusive private access to this blog, please leave a comment and your email! I won't turn you away, promise! (Unless I don't know you, in which case, why are you reading this?) You have one month - GO!








26 comments:
I'm here. I read. I would like to be invited. Thanks!
I read :) hotandangerousmess@gmail.com.
Well, of course you have to let ME read! ( : I bet I'm your biggest fan!
I read :) merileef@gmail.com
Pick me! Pick ME
I asssume mothers get an automatic, gold card membership that comes with extra special promotional benefits!?!
Me! Me! Me! I have to admit, I don't read often, but I hope I can be on the list!
Me me me me me me me me me oh pick me plllllleeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha :)
I love to read your blog! Keep me, please!
suzydodds15@gmail.com
Naturally, I want to be included. I love reading about our wonderful, extraordinary children and grandchildren in Boise!
Oops, that really was Mom Dodds, not Debbie, though I'm sure Debbie would like to be included, too.
Love,
Mom
karissadodds at gmail dot com
So I am like number thirteen which is way past five, can I still be included? emthornton@gmail.com
And we really hope you take a vacation in our neck of the world this summer and stop by for at least a little visit. :)
I would like to be invited! I check in too!
I still check in every once in a while! I love hearing about you and your gaggle of munchkins.... Making a blog private is very smart, so I don't blame you at all. Go for it.
I will take full credit for being one of your peeps! I love checking in on you guys as often as possible :)
kimdodds42402 at yahoo dot com
i read! lindseyfurr@gmail.com
Please add me! c_wilkey@hotmail.com
Amen. We are private for all of the same reasons. Please include me in your list of peeps. :)
Please keep me! You should have my email address in your inbox!
Dude. Look at all those comments!
Count me in: jessica.makin@gmail.com
Me too! Kimba411@hotmail.com
I need an invite, please!!!! grahcs@yahoo.com
Thanks!
Would love an invite! karahmcbride@gmail.com
Would love an invite! karahmcbride@gmail.com
I love reading about your cute little family. Culbertson3@msn.com
Post a Comment