Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Quick Trip and Cousin #30

We made a quick trip to Utah over the weekend and got to visit with a lot of family on both sides! Scott, Karissa & Blake were visiting, as well as Dave, Kathryn, and their munchkins. Dicie had a choir concert Friday morning so we left as soon as it was over. We drove straight to Aspen Grove without stopping to meet up with the Dodds crew! The long drive with a twisty canyon road at the end of it proved to be too much for poor Avery. She got car sick and threw up just a few minutes before we got there! But we had a great time (though it was way too short!) visiting with the family that was there. I didn't take a single picture though - I think I am losing my mind!

Family is just the best. Friends seem to come and go, as hard as we try to keep connected, but family is there for the duration. We're incredibly blessed to have a lot of siblings and to have SO MUCH family!! They are my closest friends and greatest examples.

Saturday morning we all went over to my Grandma Gardner's house and did some yard work. It was great do see the kids pulling weeds and helping out, with an attitude of service! Dallin, who typically struggles to have a good attitude while working, really embraced the experience and was an enthusiastic helper!

Brett's sister, Susan, was kind enough to have her baby before we came. We were thrilled to be able to see baby Chelsea who was just 3 days old! She is the 30th Dodds grandchild. She was so tiny and felt so light after holding my 18 lb. chunkster! Susan took these photos and I stole them from her blog:




And I took a few pictures too...


2 comments:

Susan said...

Ooooo! I can't wait to see the other few pictures you took! Thanks for coming by to see us and happy birthday Brett!

Kim and Jim said...

Angie, you are still one of the best photographers I know! Will you be coming down this summer at all, say, maybe in July-ish (hint, hint)?

By the way, speaking of July, we are thinking of coming up to Twin for the 4th. Maybe we could have another Dodds Family 4th of July / Birthday Bash Celebration!