On our last day Grandma and Grandpa left to head home early that morning. I woke up not feeling well, so the morning was kind of shot. But we still made a big yummy breakfast and I think everyone enjoyed lounging around for a while. Dallin played the Xbox too much, and everyone took advantage of having cable (hello Disney Channel)!
About mid-day we packed everyone up and went to the Regatta Grounds park on Devil's Lake there in Lincoln City. The play structure was fantastic and the kids played and played. Just across the street there was a nature trail that wound through the woods and made for a great hike. Oregon is just SO beautiful! And GREEN! It was incredible to me that we could go for a nature hike like this right in the middle of the city.
I love this kid
Of course we went to the beach one last time and had fun just hanging out, wading, and digging in the sand.
Dicie was pretty brave wading out into the freezing ocean!
Mia and Jameson, running from the waves
It seemed like we spent a lot of time fleeing before the encroaching surf! No matter how far back we set out our towels and toys, those tricksy waves always crept up on us. There would undoubtedly be one wave that was determined to get us! Poor Beckham got wet more than once as he was innocently playing on a towel! I have to say though, watching Avery freak out as the surf chased her down was priceless every time.
I think somewhere I read that one of the rules of beach safety is "never turn your back on the ocean."
And that is how Dicie got taken out by a wave! BRRR!
Dallin - Taking on the Tide --- Heart in the Sand
Avery playing in the sand
Mia-Girl
Jamo/Beckham and Mom
Jamo and the Hole - Here comes the tide!
Now it's a Swimming Pool!
Dicie and the Littlest Munchkins, keeping warm































No comments:
Post a Comment