Saturday, January 4, 2014

8 is Great and Hello 2014!

Sweet Miss Mia - Ready to be Baptized!

 She is growing into such a lovely little lady!

I made this dress for Mia's special day and I am so pleased with how it turned out.
It was definitely a labor of love!

"Looking In"
At the Boise Temple

It was a chilly day, but her eyes and smile were warm and bright!

Mia's Baptism Announcement

All in White - Mia and Brett on the Big Day!
January 4th, 2014

Mia was baptized along with 3 other kids from our ward. She went last and was all smiles as she walked down into the font. She said the water was "really warm!" Afterwards she was freezing, but smiling through her chattering teeth as I helped her change. She had been looking forward to her confirmation and receiving the Holy Ghost. I specifically remember one thing from her blessing: that she has a sweet heart which will be a blessing to others and help her to "comfort those who stand in need of comfort," and "mourn with those that mourn."

Our Whole Gang
Grandma and Grandpa Dodds came, as well as Grandma and Grandpa Furr, Aunt Melinda, and Katrina!

Mia With Mom and Dad

Mia, Brett, Grandpa Furr, and Grandpa Dodds

Mia and Her Grandparents
Grandma Furr gave Mia her own little hymn book.
Grandma Dodds gave Mia a special little necklace (she's wearing it in the picture) which she made using a pearl from the necklace she wore on her own baptism day!

Avery was SO funny! She took it upon herself to make sure everyone was smiling during our photos!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yay for catching up on your blog! I've enjoying looking through your new posts. I can't believe Mia is all baptized and Dicie is old enough to have a zit! Ha ha! I'm so sad that I hardly ever get to see you guys. When we were making lemon juice messages today I thought about writing one to your kids for fun. But it didn't work that well so we didn't.