Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And We're Off!

Wow! The first post on our new blog! Welcome, to anyone who reads along. I was inspired to start up this blog after reading a blog by Brett's cousin, Annie. She has a really neat blog called "Oreo Smooches" and she records all kinds of things there. She also displays her amazing photography and it really is a wonderful record for their family. I realized that this could be the answer to all the guilt I've felt over the years for not keeping a consistent journal. Solution found! A Blog! This is much more fun! Brett can also post once in a while - although I expect most entries will be by me. Eventually I'll even let the kids add a post here and there when they're old enough.

I'm excited to post pictures, share my digital scrapbooking projects, and record funny and interesting tidbits, events, and stories about our family. I'm always having moments where I'll say to myself, "I just HAVE to remember this!" But I can never seem to store those little memories away in a safe enough "storage drive" in my brain! This blog will give me the chance to write up those memories and thoughts while they're still fresh.

My final motivation for this blog is family history. I have a real interest in family history, and while I don't have the time in my life right now to go hunting down a lot of my ancestral history, it is really important to me to record my own life history and that of my family. One of my favorite ways of doing this is taking pictures. I am in no way a photographer, but I just enjoy taking lots of pictures and capturing my memories in living color! I also enjoy writing - as a kid I wanted to grow up to be a writer. Again, I don't really have special skills in this area, but I enjoy it and this blog will be a fun way to express it.

So now we begin our blogging journey! It will be fun to see where it takes us!

2 comments:

Dad said...

Way to go Angie!!

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

We love it! How were you able to customize the top of the blog to say Munchkid Garden with the cool background?

Dave and Kat