The day started out with a bang - literally. One bang of the bathroom door dictated how we spent our entire morning! At about 7:30 this morning Dallin and Mia were playing in the bathroom. I could hear them from upstairs and was just about to go down and tell them to stop, when I heard Dallin burst into tears and start yelling at the top of his lungs. Dicie came upstairs to tell me that Mia had smashed Dallin's finger in the door. I came downstairs thinking I'd find Dallin crying over his sore finger, but when I found him his pinky was still in the door! He had gotten it caught in the hinge side of the door. When I went to open the door to release him I found it was locked (with Mia still in the bathroom) so I had to grab the paper clip above the door frame and stick it in the little hole, wrestle with it until the door unlocked, all with Dallin screaming his head off!
I took Dallin in at 9:40am after rushing around to get everyone dressed and out the door. By the time we got in the car he had stopped crying and his finger was looking much better, besides being red. But we went in anyway. The Dr. said he's fine, of course, but his fingernail might fall off. I'm glad I took him in though. It was worth the $20 co-pay just to get the ball rolling to switch Dr's. I filled out the form to get all the kids records transferred and I'm glad we've finally done it. I feel great about the decision! This new Dr. is an actual pediatrician, not a family practitioner like we had before, and they had lots of fun toys for kids to play with in the waiting room. That was nice too.
Overall it was a crazy, but actually productive morning! It's always good to know you've got a good Dr. in the wings that you can count on. I hope this one turns out to be just that.







No comments:
Post a Comment