Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

We had a nice Easter weekend! My sister, Stacey, and her boyfriend, Chase, decided to come up to Boise for an impromptu visit! It was fun to have a little bit of family here to celebrate Easter with. They got here Friday evening and we played a round of "Ticket to Ride" with them, which I won! We stayed up late watching "Becoming Jane." Saturday morning the kids got up to raid their Easter baskets (we like to do that on Saturday instead of Sunday). We also gave them new sleeping bags for camping this summer and they were excited about those! We then went to our ward's Easter egg hunt activity. It was COLD, but the kids managed to have fun making bunny hats and hunting for eggs.


After that we came home and colored Easter eggs. The kids had fun doing that for the first time ever, and we managed not to make a huge mess with the dye! It was cute watching little Mia with her egg in the dye.


After naps we drove over to Boondocks and let the kids play in the big jungle gym, then we all had fun playing some arcade games for a little while. Then we went to Johnny Carino's for dinner and filled up on Italian food. That night we played two more rounds of "Ticket to Ride," which I won again. I really enjoyed playing that game - tee hee!

Easter Sunday we had a nice big waffle breakfast then spent the morning getting the kids all spruced up in their new Easter clothes. They looked so cute! We tried to get some pictures of them, but Mia didn't want to cooperate at all! We managed to get 1 good picture of the three together, and some cute shots of them by themselves. We'll try again another day. I have a matching outfit for the new baby too, so we'll to to the park and take some pictures of them all in another month or so.


In other news, I got a new calling at church. I am now the new Ward Choir Director - big suprise there! I've seen it coming for several months now, even before I was released from Primary. But I DO feel that it was inspired and I am excited to revive our very sad choir program. It was truly sad to have an Easter sacrament meeting without a single special musical number! I think it will be a challenge to get people to come to choir because we have a very young ward and everyone has kids, but I'm hoping I can come up with some creative solutions to make choir work. I'm praying that the musical members of our ward will all come out to enjoy the blessings of singing with the choir! So, overall, Easter was very nice this year. I am so thankful for the Savior and his atonement and resurrection. I love to see the children's testimonies and love of the Savior growing. Our family is truly blessed!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Easter baskets on Saturday- that's a good idea! Your kids look super cute in their new duds. You hardly look pregnant in that picture! I want to see a pic of your cute belly.