Thursday, June 26, 2008

All Night Long

I woke up early this morning and through the sleep-haze my brain was trying to tell me that something was wrong. As my mind began to clear I registered that the sun was shining and the house was quiet. So why was I awake? I rolled over to go back to sleep and realized what woke me. To put it politely, I needed to be milked. Wait! What time is it? 6am? The baby hadn't gotten up during the night? He must be dead. I know, it's terrible of me, but that was my first thought. Then a happier and less morbid thought occured to me - he slept through the night! No way! At this point I was much too awake to enjoy the last hour I had to sleep, but I stayed in bed and relished this new-found feeling: well-rested.

3 comments:

The Harwood Family said...

That's hilarious! I can't wait for that day. I can remember how good it feels! Congrats!

Holly said...

You needed to be milked huh? That's just so funny to someone like me who hardly knows what that's like! Hee hee. Glad you got some sleep.

FurrFun said...

YEA!!! I hope that the trend has continued and that you are still as well-rested.