Saturday, July 5, 2008

"My Fun 4th of July" - by Dallin

I had a pretty fun 4th of July this year. First I got up and got dressed. Mom said I had to wear my red, white, and blue clothes. I decided to wear my orange hat to match. Then we went to the breakfast at the church. I had a pancake that was bigger than my head, but I really liked the orange Tang the best.

I liked running around on the grass at the church. I found a roly poly bug and he crawled all over my hands.


After that we just went home and played. Then I had to take a nap. After that we went swimming in the pool in our backyard. A bunch of our friends came over in the evening to swim with us and have dinner. I wanted hot dogs, but we had Carne Asada instead. This is what I think of Carne Asada:


I ate lots of tortilla chips instead. It was pretty fun I guess.


When it got dark lots of people in our neighborhood did big fireworks. We just stayed in the backyard and watched the show. They were cool I guess, but I covered my ears just to show the little kids what to do. Finally Dad helped me with a fireworks helmet.


It was a fun 4th of July. Next year I don't want to do the fireworks though.

The End

2 comments:

Holly said...

Love it! Sounds like your 4th of July went a little more smoothly than ours. Hey, if you have a good recipe for carne asada pleeeese give it to me! Ben loves that kind of thing and I don't know how to make Mexican food.
Hope you had a good birthday and did something fun!

fuz&michelle said...

Hey Brett, It's me your old friend Fuzzy Bodily. I grew up and now I just go by Fuz. I stumbled upon your blog. Looks like you guys have your hands full. Lots of fun! It was nice to hear and see how you're doing. I must admit I felt a little like a spy so I decided to write and say "hey". -Fuz
fmbodily.blogspot.com