Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun!

Well, here we are in our Halloween duds! As you can see we were going for a 50's theme this year! It was a lot of fun. The kids were especially cute in their costumes. They got a lot of complements while we were out trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. I'm hoping to get some better pictures taken at a diner here in town.

Overall we had a fun Halloween. Our ward had a trunk-or-treat and dinner at the church, but we decide to skip it and hang out here at home. It was kind of nice to do our own thing. I really enjoyed taking the munchkins out trick-or-treating. They got tons of candy!

The night before Halloween Brett and I went to an adult costume party. This is such a fun tradition! We had a great time. The party was at Fuddruckers and there had to have been at least 20 couples there. They had a Karaoke machine set up and that was a lot of fun! I made Brett sing "Forever in Blue Jeans" with me and he didn't know it at all, sorry hon! (Geeky Confession: I grew up in a very sheltered cave! While all my peers were rockin' out to New Kids on the Block, I was listening to my Dad's Neil Diamond tapes. As kids we listened to those tapes over and over again until we had every song memorized! I guess I still have a soft spot for Neil Diamond.) Here we are in our costumes:

There were a lot of big names at the party; Elvis, Napolean Dynamite, and Cruella Deville were all there. These guys also made an apperance (they won best costume):

Finally, a couple of weeks ago Brett and I went to the Haunted Forest! It was so fun! We had a blast getting spooked and acting like kids.


Now on to the next holiday! AAACK! It's November 1st and I haven't even STARTED my Christmas shopping!!!!!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your family is so cute in the 50's costumes! Where did you get your fun costumes? I love the poodle skirts!!

Holly said...

I love the costumes and I bet they were easy to make/put together! Wow you guys do a good job of actually getting out and having fun! Way to go! I don't even remember the last time Ben and I were able to get away and do anything by ourselves. I think it was last year sometime. Pathetic. Good thing there are smart couples like you guys out there who get away from the kids now and then!