Tuesday, January 20, 2009

San Diego Zoo

On Day 4 of our California trip we went to the San Diego Zoo. It was fun to go to such a large zoo and see so many different and unique animals!

We rode the sky tram over the zoo and it was gorgeous from up high!


After 3 days at Disneyland, not only were the kids a little worn out but they were, quite frankly, unimpressed with the zoo. Bouts of bickering broke out so we had to come up with something as an incentive for good behavior. We had brought the "nice" camera with us to the zoo, so we let the kids take turns off and on with the point-and-shoot. This was pretty effective in staving off the whining and arguing.

We also ended up with lots of fabulous shots of blurry, striped, animal bottoms:

I had to get a shot of Dicie with the sign in front of the "New Guinea Singing Dogs." Anyone who knows Dicie will understand how desperately I need this sign at home.

Overall, the zoo was nice. I think if we were to go again we'd try out the Zoo's Wild Animal Park, which I've heard is a little more fun for kids.

1 comment:

Esau and Daphney said...

I wonder if they'd give us a discount if we ordered more than one of the signs...