Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Here's a Play About Life Cycles"

Last Friday, Dicie's 1st grade class put on a play. It was about life cycles and Dicie was a rabbit.

Apparently she was a dalmation rabbit.

The play was ADORABLE!! Of course, all parents faint and swoon when their children are on stage, but it really was cute. It was a musical and there were some very cute songs that they sang. All of the kids got really into it thanks to a super-amazing drama teacher. My favorite song of all went something like this:

"Offspring, resemble our parents,
Animals, flowers, and fruit.
Offspring, resemble our parents,
Thank goodness our parents are cute."

I was swooning so much you coulda knocked me over with a feather.

I have to say, Dicie is a talented little thespian. She really got into her part and enjoyed performing and being on stage. I'm so glad she has opportunities like this at school!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oh I wish we had a school like that here! I would totally send my kids to one of those! I'll just have to come up with stuff like that on my own I guess!