Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bath Time Science

Last night I was at my wit's end (which isn't very far away) with Jameson. He was cranky and tired and wanted nothing else but to be held. With another hour before bed time, I decided to toss him in the tub and let him play in there for a while. Unfortunately, he got tired of the usual splashing and tub toys much faster than usual, so I had to get creative. So Jamo and I conducted a little science experiment, which I photographed seeing as I hadn't taken any bathtub pictures for a while. Everyone needs a few good baby bathtub pictures to be pulled out during their dating years.
So, I turned on the faucet just a bit and let him decide if the water that came out was a liquid or a solid. If determination would have made a difference, I'm certain that Jameson could have converted that water to a solid. He was certainly very intent upon getting a grip on it.


"Hey Mom, this is FUN!"

He was dumbfounded when I turned the water off. He just couldn't figure out where it had gone:

After a minute he started to anticipate the flash on my camera going off and he'd blink in anticipation every time I pointed my lens at him. It was highly entertaining.
Mmmmm, babies in bathtubs are DEEEE-licious!

2 comments:

Kim and Jim said...

I LOVE it! This is just like Madi. She would be happy in the tub for hours if I would let her- except, of course, for the fact that she still thinks she can inhale the water and not choke. Gotta work on that one. She definitely loves to play with the water coming out of the faucet, and is absolutely enthralled with it.

Annie said...

My Cameron is the same way. Just yesterday he was trying to figure out if the water coming out of the spout was solid or liquid. SO CUTE!