This week has been boring, uninteresting, and entirely un-blog-worthy. Therefore, I'm blogging about it.
Jameson got sick on Sunday, throwing up several times, and has been miserable since then. I think the puking was just an introduction to whatever bug he's had because he's just been feverish and snotty the rest of the week. He has also been a complete PILL! I have never had a child who was so consistenly unhappy, even when sick! He has been whining and moaning (literally) nonstop every day. The only pleasant moments with him have been while he has been sleeping. Of course, through it all, I have been a model of patience, kindness, and love.
Thankfully, Jamo seems to be feeling a little better today. He took a long nap this morning, then when he got up I sat him in his high chair for lunch and he actually SMILED at me! It wasn't until that moment, when a single smile nearly made me bawl, that I realized how grumpy he has been this week! Of course, thanks to his big grin I got a good look inside his mouth and was greeted by white patches on his gums. Thrush or something worse? Well, I'm gonna treat for thrush and hope it's nothing worse. Ugh.
By the way, did I mention that Mia has been sick too?
Okay, breathe.
Anyway, we've been pretty home-bound this week, cooped up by illness and the totally NON-Spring weather outside. But we've gotten a few things done. We're trying to get the house ready to put on the market. I've decluttered, organized, and cleaned - a lot. And there still seems to be a never-ending list of things to be done! So, I've decided that it's not all going to get done. We've done a lot, and it's going to have to be enough. The house does look great. The closets are tidy, the clutter has been banished, and the baseboards are sparkling! It feels good to have at least accomplished that much! I hope our hard work pays off and our house sells fairly quickly. It is a difficult market right now.
In other news, we are closing on the new house on Monday, so the work on it will begin soon after. I'm very excited for that! It will be fun to see it all come together.
So that's it for our uneventful week!







4 comments:
I'm sorry your kids have been so awful. Miriam is being a BEAST today! I don't even know what her problem is. Sigh. I'm glad you got so much done at your house. ( :
There's nothing worse than sick kids (except having sick kids and being sick yourself, I would say) especially when it goes on and on! I feel for you, and hope that Jamo is over the worst of it. Good job on getting so much cleaning/de-junking done in spite of it all. We'll pray for you that your house sells fast. How exciting to be moving into a new one soon! After all the work is finished, that is :) We're coming up to Twin Falls in April, on the 16-19th. Maybe we can swing a trip up to Boise- of course you won't be in the new house yet, right?
Kim
I missed the update that you are moving! Details on the new house please!
Angie, I wish you would have told me that your kids were sick when I talked to yesterday. I could have done something. Is there anything you need right now? I will be calling later. I hope things get better.
Post a Comment