Friday, September 4, 2009

Still My Baby

He's 17 months and he's completely oblivious to the impending arrival of a replacement on the horizon. Yeah, for some weird reason there's not enough of Mom's lap to go around anymore. Sure, he's getting booted from the downstairs crib near Mom's room and moved to the upstairs crib (yes, we have 2 now). But these things don't translate into a sense of foreboding when you're this age. He's still my binky-lovin', blankey-snugglin', high-maintenance, Mommy-lovin' baby.

And I like it.

And I hope to keep it this way as long as he needs.

I guess, for a while, I'll just have two babies. Hopefully my big baby won't maul my little one.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I guess you're not ready to put him into a big boy bed. I wouldn't be either!

Kim and Jim said...

I understand how you feel completely! My 2.5-year-old is still so much a baby herself that it is hard for me to think about another little one coming to take that spot. She is VERY much a Mama's baby. ANd, yes, she is going to maul the new little one to pieces. That was evident the day we went to Becky and Robert's with Emily and Craig and she started beating up on Hyrum. At least Jameson started walking- that will make things somewhat easier, right? :)
Kim

Cathy said...

What a blessed family you are. Having two babies is very fun. You'll really notice how really big and grown up Jameson really is, when baby Avery is born. I remember having three in diapers once. It wasn't that hard. When it was time to change, I usually just gathered all three and said, "Bottoms up!"
Mom

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

2 babies are the best!