For family night this week our friends, the Fuhrimans, had a neighborhood pumpkin carving party! It was a lot of fun! There were lots of kids, lots of yummy donuts and cider, and lots of pumpkin guts!

Our two oldest kids couldn't have reacted more differently to the pumpkin carving experience! Dallin was completely and utterly disgusted by the pumpkin's innards. He had a permanent look of revulsion on his face during the entire process, but I insisted that he scrape out at least a little of his own pumpkin before he could have a donut! I am proud to report that he bit the bullet and did his part. Dicie, on the other hand, was thrilled with the prospect of reaching in and pulling out all the orange goo. Her enthusiasm was such that there were literally pumpkin seeds flying!

Dallin and Mommy with his monster-masterpiece. This was my first time carving anything aside from the traditional jack-o-lantern, so I was pretty pleased with the end result! I think Dallin was just glad that I did all the work.

Dicie and Daddy with her goofy-grin pumpkin. It sure turned out cute!

I really couldn't say what Jameson and Mia were doing the entire time. We never got around to carving the other two pumpkins for them that we had! I think Jameson had fun with his little neighborhood buddies. We have 4 boys, all Jameson's age, right on our street! It's pretty fun watching them all run around together. As for Mia, she probably ate more donuts than any 3 little girls should have, but at least she had a good time!
We're so thankful to have such good neighbors and friends in our little subdivision!
3 comments:
How fun! But still no baby?
Dying to hear when the baby is coming!!! I was excited to see you had something new and hoping to see little Avery!! You poor girl going over your due date. Hope you are hanging in there!
Post a Comment