The past year or so has been one big thing after another. I feel like we've been learning and growing in a lot of unexpected ways. And it hasn't been easy. In fact, I dare say these past 9 months or so have been some of the most difficult of my life. But I'm not here to complain (today anyway). Though the Refiner's fire is not a comfortable place to be, the product is remarkably joyful. I think that is why, after a lot of agonizing and hand-wringing, I am at peace with our latest decision: we are going to move back to our old house.
We have a lot of reasons behind this decision, but for once we feel compelled to keep most of them to ourselves. Suffice it to say that we made a decision based upon solid knowledge and research, took that decision to the Lord, and after a lot of soul-searching, prayer, and fasting, we feel that this is what He would have us do.
Here's what I've learned: I still have a LOT to learn! The process of seeking for spiritual guidance has been very difficult. I would much prefer to use email or text messaging as a form of spiritual communication. I would love to receive the following email: "Dear Angie, per your recent inquiry, the answer is yes." But that wouldn't teach me very much, and I think that is the point. This article has helped me to learn (that I have more to learn!) about acquiring spiritual guidance.
So there you have it! More chaos and craziness to ensue in the coming weeks! We have no reason to postpone the inevitable, so the big move is set for March 13th. We'll put our current house up for sale after that. Are we going to mourn leaving this house? That's a hard question. I love all the design aspects that I was able to implement. I'll miss my kitchen, my stair railings, and my tile floor (oh and my walk-in pantry)! But I can't say that this was my dream house (because it wasn't) or that I'll miss it terribly (because I'll survive), because I know this move is right and it feels good and I just can't go back on that feeling. On the other hand, I will GRIEVE for my amazing neighbors and friends. I am tearing up (again) just thinking about it. I love these wonderful people and I love the life we will be leaving. I'll miss having kids running back and forth between houses. I'll miss phone-babysitting. I'll miss carpooling. I'll miss them all, I will, and I don't know that we'll ever experience something quite like this again. It has truly been a unique and wonderful blessing to have been a part of such a close-knit neighborhood.
At least we're only moving 10 minutes away.
I know that we are doing the right thing. I know that God is watching out for us. I know that blessings will come because of the choice we are making now. It is right for our family. So even though it seems like we are going in circles and landing back where we started, I know in my heart that we are really moving forward.







6 comments:
Angie good luck with what is ahead. I am sure it's not easy, but what a comforting feeling to know that you are doing what you feel is right. The Lord will bless you!! You are amazing!! It has been interesting how hard its been to leave everything comfortable to me but I have felt so comfortable and at ease being here in ND and I was expecting to have a rough couple months or weeks. I know the Lord is watching over me and blessing me to feel this good. It just makes me think of you, how I am sure it is hard to decide this yet how blessed and comforted you will be for following what you know is right. I love reading your blog because you are so honest, and you have the cutest photos. If I still lived in Boise I would probably bug you to help me with photo editing and photography, so be thankful!! Anyways, good luck with all that is ahead of you!! You are in our prayers!
I hope you survive all the craziness that moving will bring about! I wish we could help, but I'm obviously not in the condition to be very helpful right now. I'm sad I will never see the house you currently live in! Oh well. I hope you have friends up there who can help you move again as that is such a big project. Good luck with everything!
Angie, I am tearing up reading this! You are so right that if you follow the Spirit and are supposed to do this that you are doing the right thing. You have such amazing faith! Your blog always uplifts me! I know that as I have prayed for peace the last nine months in my life it has come! It always amazes me how much the Lord blesses us and is aware of us. Good luck in your crazy move and hard weeks that lay ahead! Wish we were there to help you move.
Wow! On the selfish side, can I say, "Yeah!"? For us, anyway! So glad you will be back in the ward--we have missed you so! But I know it must have been a tough decision, too. But if you made the decision with the Lord, you know you can't go wrong, and that is a huge comfort, isn't it? Let us know what we can do to help!
We wish you the best on moving forward!!! What an example of faith and following the spirit. We truly think you are an amazing family and will miss having you guys close. We are here for you, so please let us know what we can do. Kids can come play, help pack, move, etc.
I am truly selfish, but I am so excited to have wonderful across the street neighbors again. And thanks for reminding me that following the Spirit is always right, no matter how much we would rather do something else.
Post a Comment