Today I started my 5K training program, and guess what?
[it was fun]
For the first time, in forever I think, I had FUN running!
For the past two weeks I've given myself time to work up to this program. I was terrified of being overwhelmed by it and worried that I was beyond out of shape. 5 babies and 30 pounds out of shape to be exact. Instead, I've been walking briskly 3 times a week. Maybe it wasn't necessary; maybe I could have just jumped right in. But this 2 weeks has helped me to get motivated, establish a routine, and really feel ready.
[I AM going to succeed]
And today when the music started, and my feet started moving, and my heart started pumping, I grinned a great big goofy teeth-baring grin. And I was a dork, smiling to myself over such a little thing. But not little. This time feels different. I am different. I am committed. I am awesome.
Check out the "First Day to 5K" program/podcast by Podrunner.
[It's fun]







7 comments:
I started running last summer and fell in love with it as well. and it wasn't the first time I had tried.
good luck to you...you will succeed!
You are awesome! Believe it!
Yay!! You can do it!!
You are awesome! With that attitude you WILL do it!!! And wow do Brett and his brother look alike! How fun!
Awesome! I don't particularly love running, but I really enjoy working out. It's such a great way to release built up frustration and stress. Keep up the good work! And keep reminding yourself you once thought it was fun :-)
You rock! I'm a little behind you, but I fully intend on being ready for our 4th of July run! I'm super excited!!!
I keep telling myself that I just need to step onto the treadmill and DO it. Since we still have about 3 months of winter, I can't enjoy a good outdoors run yet without catching pneumonia. Keep up the good work- doesn't it feel sooo good to enjoy that after-workout high?
Post a Comment