Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Date Night With Dicie

Dicie and I went on a Mother-Daughter Date last night.  It doesn't happen very often at all, but we planned this one to pass off a project in Dicie's "Faith in God" book (plan a child-parent activity).  Dicie wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory (because she had fond memories of the one other time she'd been there), so we did!  We ate this:

Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake

And it was $1 night at the dollar theater so we went and saw this:


It was really good and we highly recommend it!

It was fun having a night just to ourselves.  We got to talk a lot and it was fun just doing something together.  Things like this may not have a huge impact at the time, but I'm hoping that in the future she'll look back and really appreciate the one-on-one time we had.

5 comments:

Kim and Jim said...

I'm sure it had a HUGE impact! She may not talk about it a lot right now, but she will definitely look back on it and remember how fun it was. I heard once in a class or from a speaker that having one-on-one time with each kid is very important for their development. Having your full attention, even for a small amount of time, will teach them self-confidence and trust in you. Something like that.

Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
Kim

Karissa said...

Man, I wish Scott would take me on a date like that! ;-) I LOVE cheesecake factory! And the $1 movie night totally makes up for the price of dinner :-) Sounds like fun awesome time

Holly said...

I totally remember the maybe 2 daddy-daughter dates Dad and I went on. They mean a lot to a kid. You really liked the movie eh? I've been wondering if I wanted to see that one.

Rainie said...

I need to do just this, cheesecake and all, with my girls. Dicie will remember it always. Thanks for the movie recommendation, I don't know why but I was scared to see it.

Cheryl said...

I thought that was a great movie too and everyone loves Cheesecake factory! Sounds like a fabulous Mommy-daughter date!