While in Utah, we took a jaunt down to St. George for a few days, along with my siblings Melinda, Tracy, Brady, and Katrina. I love St. George! It is another nostalgic place chock full of childhood memories. I love the sun and the dry heat. I love the gorgeous red rock.
On the first day we decided to go to the sand dunes. Our only source of internet was Brett's Blackberry, but it lead us dead on to some beautiful sand dunes in a newer area called Sand Hollow. Had we done an internet search for "beautiful red sandy beaches, quiet turquoise reservoir, and the best swimming spot ever" we would have ended up at the same place, but been much better prepared! After realizing that swimming and playing on the beach was much more appealing than the sand dunes, Brett went back to the condo to grab our swimming stuff and some lunch, and we ended up spending a fun day on the beach!
The kids couldn't resist the water during the wait for their swimming suits to arrive. Jameson in particular did not let the lack of proper trunks and swim diaper slow him down:
Even the technological marvel that is the modern diaper has a maximum capacity.
Swimming in the cool water, playing in the soft sand, and soaking up the sun made for a really fun and relaxing day.
When the Sunscreen-Nazi got after Dallin for laying out in the sun like this, he said,
"But Mom! I'm basking in the sun!"
Good times.










2 comments:
That sounds like a really neat spot! The kind of place that would actually be worthwhile to go to with little kids. I'm not into vacation stuff very much because it's often so much hassle and then little kids can't enjoy it very much- but that seems like a nice spot.
Okay, those cheeks are DARLING!! Wish I could pinch 'em through the computer monitor! :-) It reminds me of David, yesterday, at Settler's Park. He had on some new, rather large swim trunks. The big "sail bucket" dumped water on all the kids and dropped his drawers! It was so cute!
Post a Comment