Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Puppy Party!

For her birthday this year, Mia wanted to have a puppy party!  Puppies have been all the rage at our house lately.  I had fun pulling together a few ideas to make her party a lot of fun!  First the invitations:

 Idea from here (but I think mine turned out much cuter!)

Party Favors were "Doggy Bags" containing a ball, frisbee, "puppy chow" (Reese's Puffs cereal), and "doggy treats" (Graham Cracker Scooby Snacks)  

 I found this idea for a puppy party on Family Fun and was so excited to have found so many cute ideas! I used a lot of them.  I could have gone further with decorations, games, food, etc. but hello people -- a birthday party 10 days before Christmas is not an easy thing to begin with!  We painted each puppy's face, made dog collars with beads and tags with their names on them, played obedience school, and read a great puppy story.

Mia opened her gifts and there was definitely a pet theme going!  She got two zhu-zhu pets and this Barbie  "Potty-Training Pugs" set. Hil-ar-i-ous!  Please do me a favor and watch the video.  There are no words...

We had yummy puppy cupcakes (idea found here) which turned out super cute and right at my cake-decorating level!  The kids each got their own dollar store doggy dish to eat their cake and ice cream.

Overall it was a really cute party and actually relatively easy to pull off.  The kids all had a great time pretending to be puppies and Mia had a blast being the birthday girl!  She loves the attention but is very sweet about it, not selfish at all.  It makes it all the more fun to do just to see the sparkle in her eyes and to see her dance around so happily!  She is a very loving and lovable girl.

2 comments:

Karissa said...

CUTE party!!!! That looks so fun!

As for the potty training pups...oh. my. wow. Hahaha!

Kara and Kevin said...

Hey Angie I wanted to respond to you about the vinegar. You can dilute it or not. I've done it where I swallow it straight and then rinse and spit with water. Or where I take like 1/2 T. vinegar and 1/4 c. water, and follow it with a drink of water. (if my heartburn isn't bad or I feel like it's coming on and I use it as a preventative) Kind of depends how much it hurts. I usually drink it straight (always plugging my nose of course :)) when its unbearable heartburn. But it takes it away instantly!! :) I know it works for various things but I only take it for heartburn. Hope that helps!