Friday, July 22, 2011

Girl's Camp 2011

This year I was the camp director for Girls Camp.  I've always loved girl's camp!  Camp this year was held July 19-22nd at a place called Camp EE-DA-HOW, which is a church owned property near Donnelly.  A lot of preparation and time went into Girl's Camp, but it was a success!  I enjoyed spending time with the girls and getting to know them all better.  Our theme was "Seeking for the Treasure Within" (can we say pirates?) and I enjoyed preparing things to support the theme.  I really learned a lot from the experience and I hope to be camp director many more times in the future.  My mom was the hero at home with the kids while I was at camp.  I was so thankful she was there!  Avery got really sick while I was gone, and who could I trust more than Grandma? 


The Awesome Camp Leaders

Brett came up to camp with the Bishop on Thursday.  He'd never been to girl's camp before, so it was fun to introduce him to it.  He enjoyed our awesome dutch-oven cooking and testimony meeting, while I enjoyed just having my man around and having his help taking down camp on the last day.  He was also very manly and participated in the early-morning "polar bear plunge."  I'm sure that was the highlight for him!



(All but the last photo are courtesy of our fab. Photographer-YW-President, Shandy Vogt!)

No comments: