Sunday, December 4, 2011

Not So Black Friday

As Black Friday dawned, long after the major populous had awoken to embark upon their early morning shopping, I found myself walking with my husband, my sister and brother-in-law, and my parents into the serene setting of the Mt. Timpanogos temple. I felt gleeful to be thumbing my nose at the traditional day of bustling consumerism. It was a wonderful 2 hours spent with some of my favorite people in the world. Truly, this was my favorite new Thanksgiving tradition!

That night we bundled up the family and drove to Salt Lake to see the lights at Temple Square ... along with the rest of the world! It was a busy and crowded evening, but that didn't diminish too much from the beautiful lights and temple. This was our kids' first time visiting Temple Square and they seemed to enjoy it. Well, Avery was less than thrilled I think...


Taking little ones out in the cold is always so hard! Avery is particularly bad
because she hates wearing her coat, her hat, her gloves... you get the picture.



Temple Square - 2011

1 comment:

Holly said...

What a great tradition! We were actually going to go to the temple that day but I was feeling really stressed about the long drive, leaving the kids with Ben's uncle and his mom and spending the whole day at it. I was a bum and we didn't end up doing it, but I think it's a great tradition!