Thursday, March 15, 2012

So Angry!

I mean Birds, Angry Birds!

We threw Dallin a big 8-is-Great Angry Birds birthday party!

I have to toot my own horn for a sec here. For someone who has never played or even watched the game, I can sure pull off an awesome Angry Birds party! Of course, I couldn't have done it alone. I'd like to thank my Angry Birds Pinterest Board and the people of the world wide web. Seriously folks, have you ever gone looking for party ideas online? Some people have way too much time on their hands...

Anyway, I had enough ideas to pull off three parties and spend several golden eggs - that's a little Angry Bird humor for you - but I managed to reign it in somewhat and only go overboard a little bit!

The Birthday Boy Himself

Angry Bird Magnets - for the gift bags (I had leftover magnet supplies from Girl's Camp)

 Angry Bird Bean Bags
I'm trying to forget how many hours these took to make... but they were perfect for:

A live reenactment! All the kids loved hurling their angry birds at those naughty pigs on their towers.

We had a "Save the Eggs" relay, a clever little game devised by Dicie:

and my personal favorite, Pig Target Practice:
 Yes, yes, that is a sling shot and paint balls. My husband rocks.

Of course no party would be complete without a Pinata:
Brett made the pinata too. Come to think of it, I'm probably taking way too much credit for all of this!
Brett rocked the pinata, the homemade-slingshot game, and assembling the magnets!

Dallin got an angry birds shirt (along with some other fab gifts!)

And the pièce de résistance:

Angry Bird Cupcakes!

We had a blast and Dallin was thrilled with the party and theme. Happy Birthday dude!

3 comments:

Karissa said...

Oh my gosh Ang!!!!! Holy cow! What an awesome and amazing party! Everything looks so good! What a talent you have for things creative and fun. Well done!!! Did I have enough exclamation points?!!! :-)

Heather said...

Holy Cow! I knew you were crafty, but WOW! I am sure that took HOURS of prep! Way to go! I'll know who to call for my party planner!

Annie said...

I shall hope my 6-year-old never sees these pictures. Truly admirable. I'm certain this party will be forever sweet in your son's memory. Way to go Mama! Such a labor of love.