Wednesday, March 14, 2012

8 is Great!

Happy Birthday Dallin!

Dallin has reached a big milestone! 8 years old! Wow. Where did the time go?


I had one of those poignant "Mom moments" when I took him to Cub Scouts for the first time today. I've been dreading the whole scout thing because I just don't speak the lingo. I watched my Mom do scouts my whole life (she could probably do it in her sleep - she probably does actually. Is that your recurring nightmare, Mom?) but I never attempted to understand how it all worked. Badges, arrow points, electives,  advancements - it is a seemingly complex maze of scouting jargon and requirements. But today as I outfitted my oldest son in his room-to-grow uniform, I was suddenly so proud and excited to have a scout! I gained the beginnings of a testimony of the scouting program as I got a mental glimpse of what this program will do for my son. I am thrilled to begin this journey with him!

Dallin's First Day of Scouting
(I am going to look back at this picture someday and bawl!) 

We are so excited for the big steps Dallin is taking in his life! Now a scout, soon an official baptized member of the church. Happy Birthday Mr. D!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Awww....sniff!

Cathy said...

Happy birthday Dallin. You are the awesomest dude!
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa Dodds
PS See you next week at your baptism.