At the end of July we took our much-anticipated vacation to the Oregon Coast! We'd been planning the trip for months and it was truly fantastic! Grandma and Grandpa Dodds joined us for the week and we loved spending the time with them.
When we arrived in Lincoln City on Sunday, after our long 10-hour drive, it was a treat to find the rental house to be such a beautiful place! The kids were SO excited and tore through the house exploring every corner. The house was built on quite a slope, so though it had a smaller "footprint," there were 4 stories. We climbed a lot of stairs during our stay! There were even another 50 stairs or so from the basement down to the garage.
On Monday morning we took our first excursion down to the beach, which was just a stone's throw away! We simply walked out the front door and down the street just a bit to the staircase (106 more stairs!) that descended down the cliff to the shore. We made sure to check the tide charts and were lucky enough to catch a particularly low tide that morning. Exploring the tide pools was a lot of fun!
Jameson enjoying the ocean for the first time
All the munchkins at the tide pools - Avery with a treasure
We saw starfish, mussels, and variety of other flora and fauna of the sea
Beckham and Daddy
The kids all had a blast playing in the (relatively) warmer pools!
Cold and wet but having fun!



















2 comments:
You know, I never have managed to ask you about that trip! Duh. It looks like it was really amazing. That trip was a good idea. I need to plan something like that for our family for next year. I really need to see something green again before I stop believing green plants exist!
One of these days I'm going to call and we'll have a real chat.
Looks like a great time! I totally want to visit the Oregon coast! Oh, and in case you didn't notice, I stole your picture of the front door, saved it on my computer, and pinned it on pinterest :)
Post a Comment