Thursday, February 26, 2009

So Long, Farewell...

Yesterday I finally did what I'd been meaning to do for ages: I got Mia's hair cut! It had gotten so long and it was pretty, but only when it wasn't tangled or filthy and covered in her most recent meal. Basically, it was only pretty for about 5 minutes every morning and for the 3 hours each week at church. So yesterday my friend, Amber, cut about 6 inches off of her hair. Thanks Amber, she looks so cute!

Before:


After:



So much better, right? I am looking at those nasty, stringy "before" pictures and wondering why in the heck I haven't gotten this done before now!!

P.S. I had meant to make this a 2-part hair cutting post. I had a hair appointment myself today and had planned to chop 6-8 inches off of my own hair, but I chickened out! My fabulous hairdresser, Pam, talked me out of it and I'm glad she did. I like my long hair, even more so now that it is colored again and trimmed a bit. So I still feel like a new woman and now all my friends will still recognize me!

2 comments:

Holly said...

So let's see YOUR hair! I think Mia does look nice with a good trim. I had to do the same to Tabitha awhile back and it's much nicer at about shoulder length.

Kim and Jim said...

Her hair was so long! It's time for me to cut Aspen's again. Fortunately, she inherited Jim's hair genes. Her hair is thick, and has some natural curl to it. So even when I do nothing with it, it looks pretty good (minus the tangles, dirt, food, etc...)