Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Home From the Mish

This past weekend we hopped on down to Twin Falls to welcome home Brett's youngest brother, Kent.  He just completed his mission to Independence Missouri.  It was fun to be there at the airport for his arrival!  The kids really enjoyed the anticipation (and the balloons).  Kent hardly recognized our kids, and seeing as two of them were born while he was away, I don't blame him!

The kids did a great job of "decorating" our poster!
The man himself!  Welcome home Kent!
Mom always gets the first hug.
It's so great to have siblings setting the example for my own sons.  You can sure bet Dallin wants to be a missionary when he grows up!  When I asked him about it the other day he said, "I don't want to go far away like Uncle Kent.  I want to go on my mission to our neighborhood." 

You betcha buddy.  You stay close to home and your mommy (for now anyway).

1 comment:

The Idaho Olsens said...

Hi Angie,

I don't know if you remember me or not, but we were in your ward (6th ward) in Boise for a year when we first moved to Idaho...anyway your brother in law served in the mission that covers my hometown in Kansas. I will have to ask my parents if he ever served in their ward in Manhattan, Kansas...what a small world.