As occasions at our house go, food was first and foremost in the festivites. Fondue is my favorite fare for New Year's! What better way to spend quality time around the table? It is the one meal that takes MORE time to eat than to prepare and clean up. We decided to forego the meat and broth main course and stick with just the cheese (my favorite) and chocolate. My recipe for cheese fondue is delicious! Don't let anyone try to convice you that you have to use wine/beer in cheese fondue. You can get superb results without it. And I found that we all preferred lighter dippers with the chocolate fondue - bananas were the most popular, but any other fruit or a light angel food cake would be wonderful.
We all had a great time! I think the kids might even have had too much fun...
It's not often that I consider using slideshows to post pictures here. I can usually edit down my pictures to a reasonable quantity. Our New Year's photos, however, tell the story better when none are left out.







3 comments:
Sounds yummy! And looks messy. :D
Ooooh, I'll have to try your recipes. We did fondue on Christmas Eve, and I did a "mash-up" of cheese recipes I found on allrecipes.com. It turned out great! But you know I looooove new recipes!
You and I are totally soul sisters! Holidays revolve around the kitchen for me, too! Love the pics of your happy kids!
I'm going to have to break into the fondue world one of these holidays! It looks like so much fun. And it was a blast when we did it up here for Mom's B-day a few years ago!
Post a Comment