Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Girls and the Nutcracker


Dicie, Mia, and I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the Nutcracker yesterday! Seeing a performance of this classic and timeless ballet was such a treat. We got all dressed up in our fancy clothes and quite enjoyed a few moments of culture and girl time.


It has been three years since Dicie and I last attended the Nutcracker. I think for the price tag, every three years isn't a bad way to go! Mia at almost six was just old enough to sit through the performance, despite getting a little wiggly now and then. Her favorite part was the "pink dancers" - the Waltz of the Flowers. Dicie liked the Sugar Plum Fairy. I loved the dancing and all the costumes, especially Mia's "pink dancers," but I think my favorite thing was not only enjoying a performance by the Idaho Ballet, but also being treated to the sounds of the Boise Philharmonic playing Tchaikovsky's immortal symphony.

We bought another souvenir to add to our collection. These ornaments are such a fun way to remember our experience!

                                          2008                                                                     2011

2 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I took Michelle yesterday too! It was absolutely amazing! I will admit that it was after hearing you talk about taking Dicie three years ago that inspired me too do it. Michelle was on the edge of my lap during the entire second act, swaying to the music. It was such a magical experience. I might just have to come back in a few years to see it again.

Tory and Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.