My baby is growing up! Whether she likes it or not, she will be losing her baby status in a matter of weeks. I wouldn't have wanted to admit it a few months ago, but Miss Avery has definitely become more little girl than baby. After Thanksgiving it was time for her to vacate the nursery in preparation for its new occupant.
Last nap in the nursery!
I like to keep my kids behind bars for as long as possible! Thankfully we were able to borrow this crib from my mom. It's the crib that my nine siblings and I all slept in, so it has a lot of character! Avery will be rooming with the boys now, as they have the biggest bedroom. I know it would make more sense to have the boys and girls swap rooms, but I am not repainting! I was convinced she'd be so thrilled to have roommates that she'd goof around and be up all night, but so far Avery's transition has been surprisingly smooth! I'm grateful for that tender mercy right now.
I don't know if I'm just trying to enjoy this last bit of time with her as my baby, but I have been so enamored with this girl lately. I think it's just that she has so much personality and is just so cute all the time! She's constantly cracking me up while also making my mother-heart swell. The other day I caught her like this with all her stacking cups lined up and her goldfish distributed among them.
Of course, Avery couldn't be considered a true 2-year-old without the raging tantrums that flare up now and then. The other night during dinner she screamed like a banshee for half an hour because her fish sticks broke and wouldn't go back together. Today she decided she wanted a bath and she bawled and cried like the world was coming to an end until she got one.
When I was cutting all the boys' hair I decided Avery needed a trim too. She was getting a nasty mullet and she absolutely refuses to keep any clips, elastics, or headbands in her hair for more than 5 minutes. She was looking like an orphan. I cut her hair a bit shorter than I'd intended, but it looks cute and I think it will hang better for now!
This was Avery's fabulous look this morning. She's wearing Dicie's old princess-style Mickey Mouse hat from Disneyland. What a trend-setter!















3 comments:
Awww...what a sweetie! I'm sad that I hardly know her. Boo. I like her haircut.
I love her hair!!!! Good job!!!
So cute! I'm so glad the transition into the boys' room has gone so well. I'm sure there will be nights when the party will rage in there (we definitely go through that!) but I have become a believer that kids actually like having their siblings in the room with them. It is a comfort thing. And they adapt really quickly to eachothers' night time noises!
And kudos to you for keeping her in a crib for as loooooong as possible. I, too, am an advocate for keeping them behind those bars as long as I can!
Post a Comment