Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Surprise!

We're thrilled to announce the early arrival of...


Beckham Kerry Dodds
Born December 12, 2011
8:33 pm
7 lb. 13 oz., 21 in.


His middle name, Kerry, was derived by combining our Dads' names: Keith and Terry.
We thought Kerry was better than Teith.



My water broke spontaneously at 5am on Monday morning. We stayed home through the morning while absolutely nothing happened, but we got a lot done! We got out the baby clothes and washed them, found the car seat in the garage and cleaned it, you know, minor details like that. The tender mercy in it all was that Brett's mom was flying back into Boise from St. Louis and planning to stay a few days. She has been caring for the other children so well; my worries and anxieties about that part of the baby's coming were completely appeased. It's been such a blessing! We picked Mom up from the airport, left the kids in her capable hands, and headed to the hospital. Labor had to be induced, which was in complete opposition to my hope for a natural birth, but in the end all was as it should have been. It was a pleasant labor and a wonderful delivery experience.


We're so grateful for our early Christmas present and thrilled to be home again with our little one.

11 comments:

Debbie 'n Gary Talbot said...

Congratulations! That's great that everything went well!

Holly said...

So glad you are feeling ok about it even though things didn't go as planned! What a sweetie. He totally looks like Jameson if you ask me. And yes, Kerry is much better than Teith! Hee hee. I'll call you soon.

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Hooray!!! We are all so excited to meet little Beckham. He is definitely a handsome fellow!

Amy said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing to be able to enjoy a new little one for Christmas!! 'Glad everything went well. He is adorable!

FurrFun said...

Autumn looked at these picture and said, "That's baby Josh!" I told her no and that he's her new baby cousin and she said, "Aw, cute baby cousin!" I'm so thrilled for you and glad that things went the way they sould have. I know how it feels to not have it turn out like you plan, but knowing that how it did turn out is what's best. We can't wait to meet him, hopefully that'll be soon-ish. Take care of yourself over these next few weeks!

Kim and Jim said...

So exciting! We're glad he is here, safe and sound. Hopefully the rest of your Christmas season will be just as wonderful. That's awesome that you named him after the other lodge up here (I know, we already took the name Aspen, so Beckham was the second choice, hee hee). We can't wait to meet him! I think he looks like Dallin in the last picture, with his eyes open.

Heather said...

Cute name! He already looks so good. Congratulations!

Jessica said...

Congrats! Glad you guys are home and healthy.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait for him to play with his cuz!

Pam said...

Congrats! He is a doll, and the same exact size as our little Cannon. Hope you're feeling well.

Carrie Sybrowsky said...

Congratulations! He looks so cute! And, I also like his middle name ... even though it has nothing to do with me. Kerry just has a nice sound and is better than Teith. :) He looks a lot like your other kids. I can't wait to meet him. Congratulations!