Sunday, February 12, 2012

B-E-E

Dicie recently competed in her school's spelling bee. She is a pretty good speller and she did a great job getting up in front of an audience and spelling under pressure. She won first place for 4th grade at her school spelling bee!

W-I-N-N-E-R

On Friday she got to compete in the multi-school spelling bee. She was up against some stiff competition and a big room full of people. One of the words that the two 4th-grade finalists spelled at the end was one I hadn't even heard of! Unfortunately Dicie misspelled her first word and was pretty disappointed, but we were proud of her for making the effort and she felt better after a Dairy Queen blizzard! 

3 comments:

Holly said...

Way to go Dicie! She looks super cute in her outfit. ( :

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

Congrats Dicie! I used to LOVE spelling bees. Unfortunately I remember getting out on purpose once just so I wouldn't have to do the schoolwide one. I was so nervous.
Everything is better after a DQ blizzard...

Susan said...

Congratulations, Dicie! That's a really neat experience to have and I'm glad that you did it!