Sunday, February 5, 2012

Where in the World is...

I think any geography novice could guess where Brett's most recent business trip took him!

Actually, he was officially working in Belgium and spent two days there at the grindstone, but he was lucky enough to be able to take the rest of the week to experience a bit of Europe! Unfortunately he was completely on his own, so I think he wasn't able to enjoy it as much as he might have if he'd had a traveling companion. But on the bright side, if he'd had me with him he might have spent more time in bistros and bakeries instead of here:

 Nothing like Belgian WWII memorials to make your European experience complete! (wink)

This was in Bastogne, Belguim - something about the Battle of the Bulge...



But I think the highlight of the trip was the day he spent in the city of lights!


The Eiffel Tower, obviously
He even brought home the obligatory Eiffel Tower paper weights for the kids

 This museum - you may have heard of it. You know, that one painting is there...

The actual Mona Lisa on display in the Louvre

This cathedral, though I don't think he saw any hunchbacks...
Notre Dame

The other Statue of Liberty

View of Paris From the Eiffel Tower

Yep, I'm beyond jealous. But hey, I got to be home with 6 kids pulling all-nighters with Mr. Cranky Pants baby! Not that I'm bitter or anything. Nope, no hard feelings here. Brett knew just what was required to sweeten the deal:

Authentic Belgian chocolate straight from the source.
The most divine experience with chocolate I've ever had. Amen.

4 comments:

Holly said...

As I have hodophobia (fear of travel) I'm way more jealous of the chocolate than the trip! But he got some good pictures! Sorry you have another cranky baby on your hands. Bleh.

Kim and Jim said...

I'm jealous, too... of the chocolate! Ok, the trip looks pretty awesome, too. Jim and I have a dream to backpack through Europe together one day. In the much-distant future, I'm afraid :)

Susan said...

WOW! Could you find a job for Andrew that would send him on cool trips and obligate him to bring home paper weights and chocolate?

Heather said...

Unfortunately, Officer Dan and Teacher Heather don't get any exciting business trips like that! Looks AWESOME though! I asked Daniel the other night if he wanted to go to Europe (me picturing quaint Germany, Dan picturing WORLD WAR II AIRPLANES.)