Monday, October 1, 2012

Dicie's Paris Party, Ooh la la!

Dicie has had a "thing" for anything French lately. She wants to learn to speak French in the worst way! So of course, she requested a French-themed birthday party! After a little brainstorming, we came up with a really fun Paris-Meets-Audrey-Hepburn birthday party!


We started out by "touring" Paris! Brett served as tour guide, since he's so experienced and all.


They "visited" the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, Versailles, Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower of course, and more! They were then challenged to find all of these famous Paris landmarks in the movie they would watch later on.

Next up the girls enjoyed a trip to our pâtisserie and indulged in homemade beignets! Mmmmmm...


After opening gifts...



The girls settled in to watch "Funny Face" starring Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire, an absolutely charming musical set in Paris! (Side Note: I have been extremely disturbed to learn that so few people have actually seen this movie. You all need to repent. I mean, it's Audrey!!)


Audrey also helped out with some of our decor and party favors:

Such a classy lady!


The "Funny Face" French Movie Poster! 

Framed Party Favor

It was a fun party and I know Dicie had a great time!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I meant to comment on this post awhile ago. Way to go on making this a super cute themed party for her! Although I'm just not into themed parties at our house, I think you do some really neat ones and I bet your kids have LOADS of fun and good memories from them. ( :